Friday, July 11, 2008

Mama for a weekend...

Last weekend I had the opportunity to take care of my "niece", baby Anjela, while Dennis and Allison went away to celebrate their anniversary. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work!

Before the Omondi's left, we celebrated the 4th of July with the turtles and giraffes at Haller Park...

We also fed the giraffes. They have looooong tongues! (I guess that's why they need all that neck!)

Dennis and Allison left, and Anjela and I celebrated the 4th of July again on the 5th by going to the beach to meet some friends. Here is Anjela playing with her favorite toy: my car keys...

The next day was Sunday, and we went to church to hear Uncle Ben preach at Word of Life. Ben did a great job. Sadly, Anjela slept through the whole thing!

Back at home again, we just hung out. We got out the camera and worked on our acting skills a little. I like to call this next little photo montage, "The Many Faces of Anjela".

Okay, Anjela, let's get started. First, smell your feet and pretend they are stinky.

Now show me suspense...

Hm. We have to work on that one. Okay, now do sad.

That's a good one! Now give me your best Dana Carvey Church Lady impression. "Well isn't that special."

How about worry and concern?

And for the grand finale... the face you do best: Happy!!!

1 comment:

Cobblestones said...

What a wonderful "aunt" you are Jill!!