Monday, July 21, 2008

Life in the Waiting Room...

Just hangin' out.

I haven't posted anything in a while. That's because life has been pretty plodding lately. It seems that I'm living in a waiting room.

I've packed and moved most of the things that will fit in my car. Now I'm waiting for the end of the month to hire a truck to carry my furniture to my new flat and finish my move.

I'm waiting for the carpenter to finish constructing my new dining room table. Sure, it was supposed to be ready almost two months ago, but that's okay, because everytime I talk to him, he assures me it will be ready tomorrow. Funny thing about tomorrow (as a wise young redhead once sang) - it's always a day away.

I'm waiting for my best friend to arrive. Rachael is coming to spend three weeks with me. Wednesday night seems so far away!

All this waiting is a little unsettling. But who likes to be settled, anyway?

No comments: